Terms & Conditions
This agreement is between Balham Virtual Office Ltd whose registered office is situated at 35 Bedford Hill, SW12 9EY and you (“the customer”). This agreement alongside any operating rules, policies, price schedules, or other supplemental documents expressly incorporated herein by reference and published from time to time by Balham Virtual Office Ltd constitutes the entire agreement between Balham Virtual Office Ltd and you regarding the Virtual Office services.
Balham Virtual Office Ltd own and operate the website www.balhamvirtualoffice.com. By using this website you hereby acknowledge that you have read, fully understood and agree to be bound to these Terms and Conditions of Service together with all applicable laws and regulations which are construed in accordance with English law and operate in addition to your statutory rights.
Should you not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Service then you must refrain from using the site.
- Balham Virtual Office Limited reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Balham Virtual Office Limited shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- You shall notify us, in writing, of any change of address or contact details at the soonest opportunity. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your service if we are unable to contact you in an appropriate manner.
- You agree that you will not use the service for any illegal or illegitimate purposes, and that such uses will constitute grounds for immediate termination of services by us. You also agree to provide us with an acceptable form of ID under any current or future Money Laundering Regulations.
- You agree that we carry out any Money Laundering checks in the name of the registered person and registered company
- If you have subscribed to the “Mail Forwarding” service then all mail delivered to you at the Virtual Office address ( “Your Company Name, 35 Bedford Hill, London SW12 9EY”) will be forwarded by first class Royal Mail to the address (United Kingdom only) specified by you during the sign-up process as soon as reasonably possible after receipt at the Virtual Office address.
- No warranties are given for the availability of Balham Virtual Office Ltd staff being available to sign for, or forward mail delivered to the Virtual Office address outside normal office working hours (09:00 – 22:00), Monday to Sunday, all days, including bank holidays.
- Where applicable mail delivered to you at the Address will be made available for collection, only collection by the authorized person and by prior written agreement if not the registered person, during all times between (09:00 – 22:00), Monday to Sunday, all days, including bank holidays. and is subject to modest volumes being received
- If you have the Digital Forwarding plan, we’ll scan the letter and email it to you same day. When notified of the post you can choose to have the original letter forwarded or collect in person. With the Forward option, we’ll forward the letter via Royal Mail 1st Class to the address provided. We’ll securely store the letter for a maximum of 30 days for collection. Photo ID with your name is required when collecting mail from our office. Postage that is not collected within 30 working days (including the day of receipt), we will email you and if no response is received within 7 working days after the email your post will be securely destroyed.
- Clients should ensure adequate insurance for Parcels and Mail being forwarded by us from our premises. If cover is required, it is the client’s responsibility to notify us prior to the parcel being shipped, when we will advise or arrange suitable cover. We accept no liability for loss/damage goods in transit outside this insurance cover, if arranged. Clients arranging their own shipping are not covered by our insurance. Goods are not insured whilst on our premises. Goods of high value should be brought to our attention.
- Mail & Parcel – Prohibited Goods: Medicines, Drugs, Aerosols, Nail Varnish, Polish & Gel, Perfumes & Aftershaves. Warning: UK Controlled Drugs -Any parcels containing controlled drugs Class A, B and C (steroids) will be confiscated and destroyed by the UK Border Agency (Customs). In the event of such a parcel being delivered to our premises, the police will be informed of the sender and the parcel destroyed
- You authorise us to forward your physical mail we receive on your behalf, to the address registered by you.
- You also authorise us to scan your mail (if you have subscribed to the Digital Forwarding services) into our system and to forward it to your registered email address.
- The Virtual Office Forward service is subject to the Balham Virtual Office Ltd fair use policy. Under this policy, if at any time, the Balham Virtual Office Ltd deem you exceed the level of use reasonably expected from someone using this service for an individual or company, then the Balham Virtual Office Ltd reserves the right to terminate or suspend your Virtual Office account without prior notice.
- In the event that mail delivered to you at the Virtual Office address is not addressed in such a way that the Balham Virtual Office Ltd is able to verify from the outside packaging that it is addressed for you, we reserve the right to open such mail to determine for whom it is intended.
- The Balham Virtual Office Ltd shall not in any event be liable for any indirect or consequential loss, including loss of profit, however it may arise, nor for any liabilities, costs, claims, demands or expenses, any loss, damage, delay or mis-delivery of postal items.
- All risks in mail delivered to you at the Address shall pass to you without any intervening time upon delivery to the Address and it is your sole responsibility to arrange for appropriate insurance cover from such period.
- The Balham Virtual Office Ltd reserve the right in our absolute discretion to withhold from forwarding and/or to pass to any relevant authority, including HM Revenue and Customs, any mail delivered to you at the Address, without notice to you.
- You will not arrange for or do we permit the delivery of any unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material to the Address and, in the event that we have reason to believe that any mail delivered to you at the Address is or may be, in anyway, unlawful, harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material, we reserve the right to dispose of such mail item as we see fitting.
- In the event that, for whatever reason (including, without limitation, as a result of any marketing or promotional campaign) you anticipate a material increase in the volume of mail delivered to you at the Address, you will notify us in writing as soon as you become aware of the circumstances likely to give rise to such change in volume.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the Virtual Office services may not be used for direct marketing services which is likely to result in more than 50 items of mail being delivered to you at the Address in any calendar month.
- Our staff have the right to work in an environment free from violent, threatening or abusive behaviour and everything will be done to protect that right. At no time will any violent, threatening or abusive behaviour be tolerated. The Balham Virtual Office Ltd will work with the Police to prevent it.
- We reserve the right to refuse access to our service to certain individuals. Examples include those who behave violently, threateningly or abusively; customers who do not agree to pay for our services.
- The use of the services is subject to all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing account collection, export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti- discrimination or false advertising).
- Our “Monthly” plans are paid in monthly instalments. For each month that your monthly subscription is active, you acknowledge and agree that The Balham Virtual Office Ltd is authorised to charge the same credit or debit card on file. The monthly renewal subscription fees will continue to be billed to the Payment Method you provided, automatically until cancelled. You must cancel your subscription before it renews each month in order to avoid billing of the next month’s subscription fee to the Payment Method you provided. Refunds cannot be claimed for any partial-month subscription period.
- You acknowledge and agree that The Balham Virtual Office Ltd is authorised to charge the Payment Method used for the initial annual subscription fee at the rate secured at the time of purchase. This includes discounted rates secured with a promotional offer. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of the renewal subscription fee to the Payment Method you provided. Refunds cannot be claimed for any partial subscription period.
- We do not allow cars to be registered at our address and DVLA mail will be returned to sender.
- The Balham Virtual Office Ltd at it’s discretion, may allow additional trading names to be added to an account. The name must be a trading name of the existing company we supply the Virtual Office service too and not a separate entity. If the volume of mail is what we consider to be above our fair use policy we reserve the right to request you upgrade to a separate Virtual Office plan for the additional trading name or stop using the address for that particular trading name.
- We have a legal obligation to verify identification documents for anyone using our mail forwarding services. When submitting your application we must under the LONDON LOCAL AUTHORITIES ACT 2OO7 & Anti-Money Laundering Supervision: Trust or Company Service Providers request a copy of two original forms of identification for ALL COMPANY DIRECTORS and BENEFICIAL OWNERS (person of significant control).